In the last few weeks, many activities were under the Corona sign. Hanno’s article in the documentation system has summarized the tips on this topic (in German, registration via PCG!).
In this context, functions for a more efficient control of tours have been added, which seem useful even beyond the current crisis. For example, new potential customers might end up on a built-in waiting list (based on the newsletter registration, which has also been revised for this purpose).
Also, it is possible to declare specific tours as “full” – if a newsletter subscription is set up, the visitor will then be added to the waiting list. But also when planning the expansion into a new area, such a tour – initially blocked from the beginning – can help!
The order deadlines can be set separately per tour.
Inactive customers can be blocked in the shop, this was a request to limit the customer traffic.
In order to minimize payment defaults in these times of pandemic, Paypal can be mandatory for new customers.
A major conversion was necessary to allow the selection of delivery points in the shop. This logic, which was already present in the PCG, is now also available in the shop, e.g. in the display of (delivery) addresses.
Initially, the selection of an actual delivery point is only intended for new customers, but more flexibility for existing customers is in progress. The selection is made conveniently by clicking on a map.
The delivery conditions (e.g. prices or minimum order value) of the delivery points can also differ from the tour.
We’ll mention here some minor changes and corrections:
- The article attributes sometimes require longer training and updating times. Therefore this feature (for the shops>2016) can be hidden centrally from visitors’ eyes.
- When a customer is doing a second order for the same day, there is a text asking if he really needs a new order or just modify the first one.
- The concept of “hidden tour” and “blocked order” have been reviewed.
- When alcohol is sold, a note regarding the protection of minors will be added to the order.
- Tours’ settings have their own place in the Admin area of the shop.
Minor changes are constantly implemented and all those who use the Shop 2016 as standard or in an individually designed form can check the Trello board at any time to see the status of the DInge (info offered in German). Do you still need an invitation?